Rehearsal Footage




Rehearsal footage:
This is footage that I filmed when trying to find the right location to film in. I knew I wanted to film in the woods, and I wanted to make sure that the aesthetic matched what I wanted my short film to look like. When filming this rehearsal footage, I did come across some challenges, such as the wind. The audio therefore was affected by the strong winds, and as a result, I may have to film the audio separately to layer over the footage. This proves how essential rehearsal footage s because it enables you to discover what the limitations are in the location you are shooting in.








I also did not use a tripod when filming the rehearsal footage. This is because in some shots I wanted the camera to be shaking to reflect the feelings of fear and danger felt by the character. There are also some point of view shots where the character is running, which I do not need a tripod for. Despite this, when creating pan shots, as well as whip-pans, a tripod is needed to keep the camera steady. his creates a more professional and polished aesthetic to the film. This is something that I will do when progressing with filming.
I filmed this rehearsal footage on my iPhone as I did not have access to a camera at the pint of filming. This is something I will not take forward when filming the actual footage for my short film to enable it to be good quality and of a good resolution. This will make my short film look a lot more professional and well-made.








Another difficulty that I faced when filming this is the actor. They are fairly unexperienced as they are younger which made it harder to portray certain feelings/emotions. This is something that I may have to revisit when I carry on wit filming.








When editing this footage using Premier Pro, I decided to experiment with adding certain video effects in order to create the specific aesthetic that I wanted. Some examples of this are an effect called ghosting, which fades the footage slightly and make it seem transparent. I also chose to fast forward some of the footage to make the character seem erratic and stressed in the scenario they are in.









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What next?

'Where Have I Been All Your Life' Analysis

Lesson Plan 2 - Narrative Theory